Saturday 5 March 2016

How to Properly dispose of Packaging in 2021

This year has given me a lot of time at home.  We are all experiencing covid regulations differently and for me, it has meant me working at home.  I am also shopping at home too.  One of my favorite hobbies has actually come in hand during this pandemic and I never thought it would.  We are now forced to shop online and because of this, we are getting tons of packaging each and every day. There are people who work very hard to create amazing tools that look like art and can be appreciated not only as a hard-working tool but a work of art.  This passion has led me to buy and sell hundreds of top high-end knives in the last few years.  This came into being a useful hobby because my garage is now filled with cardboard boxes from online purchases that I have been forced to make because of the pandemic.  The main issue I started to have was that the recycling trashcan that we have is not big enough to get rid of all the packages if I simply toss them in. The best way to dispose of the packaging the right way was to chop it up to fit.



This only came to be necessary because my trash company only allows one recycling can per home.  Now I usually just drive my recycling to a big location to get rid of, but that is no longer legal due to local regulations.   So I started just tossing the packages in, but only a couple of these cardboard boxes my can filled up.  Due to the pandemic I have been ordering much more than that every single week.  So figured out that it was time to put my hobby to use.  The answer for this was to not use a pocket knife though. Folding knives are great and for one or two cardboard boxes they do just a fine job.  The issue is ergonomics on them are not great and can really hurt your hand after not too much work.



This meant that I began using a fixed blade and started to find the best knives for my task.  I began with a nice large handled fixed blade.  I suggest not just going out and getting the cheapest thing you see on the shelf of your big box store or Amazon.  You also don't need to spend 300 dollars on a semi-custom knife as I enjoy.  I think there is a great middle-ground for where a starter should begin. Don't worry there is a super cheap option that is actually very effective.

The brand Morkaniv knives are actually very capable for how little they cost.  They are a Swedish company that provides the most quality of steel in a budget costing knife.  The handles are normally comfortable for most sized hands and they don't cost a lot.  For less than 15 dollars you can get one shipped to your door and it will do the job for you with ease and comfort.





Now you can step it up to another level of quality and spend less than 100 dollars and then you can find a Fallkniven knife on the market that will give you better steel that will last longer and be more rust proof.  I hope you can find one that works well for you and your recycling needs. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Box companies

When it comes to cardboard boxes, there are many different suppliers in this shipping business. Today we are going to take a look at some of...